Friday, July 07, 2006

total nerd

this whole week i've been busy cause everything's been piling up - i can't help it.. i don't know.. i still haven't figured out why I do this to myself.. because it's chronic: I start a project, somewhat procrastinate on it, start 10 other things somewhat procrastinate on those too.. and suddenly i'm sooo overwhelmed that it is impossible to feel in anyway underwhelmed...

but tis cool.. because I just took a step up in the nerd ladder - I learned some basic perl commands (never touched the stuff before) and created a program to format, sort, through, and tabulate DNA according to ORFs ---> for those non-sci friends of mine.. it means... linet looks a lil more like steve urkle now... lol

but hey.. no really, i did feel smart.. b/c the other ppl learning it with me are studying computer sci/bioinformatics.. and I understood at the same rate or faster.. so yes.. i am a smartie pants!!! (i had to explain that expression too)

oh I also had to explain "hang up" vs. "hang on" vs. "hang down" (the latter of which, of course, doesn't exist)...
and i know I will be having to give a course on the meanings and uses of "cool" b/c i said something like yeah the perl programming is not so bad, it's actually pretty cool... and he looks over and goes.. yes I have heard that expression "cool"...
.. oh man...

;)

later kiddos

this weekend: Japanese class, Osaka, learning to cook japanese food.
later on: I will be borrowing a yukata (like a simple kimono) and tie an obi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home