Wednesday, August 09, 2006

omoshiroii!!

... so I realized that I have never actually defrosted any fish .. and was kinda worried.. I trust fresh fish in japan.. but I don't know what the freezer has contained in the past...
so I looked up the correct way to defrost things

It's the Mayo clinic's 8 ways to prevent food poisoning
#8 in particular caught my attention ...

8. Know when to avoid certain foods altogether

Food poisoning is especially serious and potentially life-threatening for young children, pregnant women and their fetuses, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems. These individuals are at greatest risk of severe health problems from food poisoning and should take extra precautions by avoiding the following foods:

  • Raw or rare meat and poultry
  • Raw or undercooked fish or shellfish, including oysters, clams, mussels and scallops
  • Raw or undercooked eggs or foods that may contain them, such as cookie dough and homemade ice cream
  • Raw sprouts, such as alfalfa, bean, clover or radish sprouts
  • Unpasteurized juices and ciders
  • Unpasteurized milk and milk products
  • Soft cheeses (such as feta, brie and Camembert), blue-veined cheese and unpasteurized cheese (unsure about this one)
  • Refrigerated pates and meat spreads
  • Uncooked hotdogs, luncheon meats and deli meats
just for your amusement, I've hi-lighted in red everything I've eaten on the list.. yeah being in japan definitely covers most of the first 4 bullets.

1 Comments:

Blogger acidbytez said...

yay!! i thought you disappeared!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home